Our Lowell area capital equipment manufacturing client is hiring a warehouse lead to oversee their shipping, receiving and transportation operations. This position reports to the supply chain manager. This is a full-time, contract to hire opening for a hands on lead with excellent team leadership abilities. Specific duties include:
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment.
- Coordinates with the Production Scheduling Manager, and other department personnel in order to attain delivery, cost and quality of service objectives.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Calculates estimated costs associated with the shipping/delivery function and recommends appropriate alternatives. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Schedules crating activities and coordinates delivery of wooden crates, containers and other shipping materials.
- Ensures the cost effectiveness of the delivery function, including the control of labor utilization - preventing excess hours, downtime and overtime, and efficient usage of transportation related equipment.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with purchasing to rectify damages and shortages.
· Associate’s or bachelors degree or equivalent with 3-5 years’ shipping, receiving and warehouse leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
· Experience in international shipping, DHL, FedEx, UPS ship saver modules.
· Understanding of shipping and customs protocol and Compliance Trade Policies.
· Experience with 3rd Party Logistics support agencies.
· Intermediate or higher expertise with Excel and ERP software