Our well-respected manufacturing client in the Merrimack Valley of MA is seeking to hire a Transportation Manager. This is a full-time, direct hire role offering competitive salary and benefits!
- Develop and implement Transportation strategy.
- Manage Transportation budget and monthly costs analysis. Oversee all aspects of freight invoice review and approval process. Develop cost saving initiatives.
- Build strong relationships, develop communication and coordination.
- Build carrier service performance KPI metrics, provide carrier feedback and ensure KPIs are met.
- Provide recommendations to improve freight practices and procedures based on changing markets.
- Negotiate freight rates and make decisions on which carriers to select. Implement annual and spot market requests for pricing from carriers.
- Ensure compliance will all external regulatory requirements as well as with the company's policies and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of ERP configuration and use.
- Serve as the SME and process lead in the area of Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
- Manage freight coordinators.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, industrial engineering operations or similar field required. Masters preferred.
- Project Management, APICS or other related certification preferred.
- 10+ years transportation experience.
- Experience with implementing and using TMS.
- Experience with managing private fleets.
- Performance Management.
- Negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
Send resume to Stephanie@Moorestaffing.com.
Moore is a people focused firm that strives to go above and beyond what a job seeker would expect from a staffing service. Independently owned since 1980, we have succeeded in maintaining a small company feel with big firm career planning and placement expertise. Our areas of expertise include accounting, administrative, healthcare, human resources, manufacturing engineering, skilled manufacturing and supply chain. The candidate experience with Moore is built upon our core values of Expertise, Compassion, Sincerity and Community and reflects our commitment to their success.