Strategic Sourcing Manager
Our client is a large consumer goods manufacturer that has created a new role for a procurement professional who will report directly to the Head of Procurement. The position will be responsible for managing procurement professionals and leading the focus on a critical company initiative. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be expected to develop a holistic category management approach for multiple supply items.
- This is a direct-hire position.
- First shift position.
- Salary: 125k-135k.
- Annual company performance bonus up to 20% of salary.
- Monthly stipend for cell phone
- Act as direct manager for procurement professional(s)
- Draft and implement national account supply agreements with input from Legal and stakeholders Establish and monitor relevant Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics for supplier reporting
- Negotiate terms for pricing agreements
- Responsible for the completion of all RFP analyses and associated recommendations
- Ensure field and vendor compliance to assigned category agreements
- Solicit and qualify potential new vendors for assigned categories
- Direct customer satisfaction survey deployments to company locations
- Conduct product/industry research and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant commodities markets (e.g. pulp and paper, resins, etc.)
- Perform on-site quarterly business reviews with vendors to review performance and industry changes
- Promptly respond to field location product inquiries
- Process vendor invoices as needed
- Provide product allocations to the field
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate greater supply market intelligence
- Travel to various US locations to evaluate the application of supplier products in-service
- Routinely validate and update corporate intranet site for assigned categories information
- Conduct spend analytics using ERP systems and vendor usage reports
- Collaborate with Legal team to draft and execute agreements
· Minimum 5 years of Strategic Sourcing and/or Buying experience
· Consumer products, apparel or industrial supply experience is a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree
· CPM or CPSM preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the capability to use Excel to analyze large data sets
· Experience with an ERP system and eProcurement suite such as Oracle or SAP
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Negotiating skills
· Demonstrated ability to accomplish KPI goals and facilitate continuous improvement
· Strong time-management, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to travel as required
· Contract negotiation
· Strategic sourcing
· Planning Analytics
· Team management
Benefits & Salary
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click- Apply Now -button below to fill out our Application or Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards is an independently owned staffing firm offering you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise. With direct hire, temporary-to-hire and temporary placement opportunities, as well as offering a high-quality health insurance plan after just 30 days of employment with Moore, we provide candidates the options they need and the service they deserve.