Sr Principle Software Engineer
Our well-funded start-up capital device company is hiring a Principal Software Engineer to join their growing engineering team. This position is an excellent opportunity for a talented engineer with the potential to grow into a senior leadership role.
- Design and implement HMI (GUI) and backend code for complex control systems, primarily in C#, with some interfaces and real-time code in C++.
- Develop visualizations of 3D and 2D images and CAD models in near-real-time using C#/C++, Direct2D/Direct3D, or similar technologies.
- Work on near real-time image processing using C#, Direct2D/Direct3D, CUDA, and/or other GPU accelerated technologies.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Software, Mechanical, Electrical, or related - MS degree preferred
- 7+ years experience in a related field
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Demonstrated expert-level experience with C#.NET and C++, Winforms (preferred) or WPF.
- Experience designing / developing GUI / HMI systems for complex control systems.
- Experience developing code using DirectX/2D/3D and/or CUDA/OpenCL.
- Experience with software configuration management and source control systems (i.e. Mercurial).
- Must be able to independently and effectively debug complex software in C#, C++ (and preferably PLC) environments.
- Must understand common industrial automation paradigms (communication buses, actuators/sensors, motion, fail-safe behavior, real-time, etc.).
- All-round Software Engineer with demonstrated experience in many aspects of modern industrial automation (from PLC/IEC 61131, EtherCAT (or similar communication buses) to C++ (including real-time), C#, and potentially other script-type languages such as Python, etc.).
- Experience with SQL-type database systems and formulating queries (MS-SQL).
- Experience with RTOS systems like IntervalZero RTX or similar.
- Background in, or solid understanding of Mechatronics and interfacing concepts.
Our client is offering a market competitive salary, outstanding benefits and stock options for the hired candidate.
Qualified candidates, please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org