Senior Software Engineer
Our Boston area additive manufacturing start up is going places where no company has gone before. This is a critical first role as they get the ball rolling on what will become a world class software engineering team. The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the development of software tools and architecture for the world’s most productive metal additive manufacturing systems. The hired candidate will have far reaching responsibilities for defining and executing critical milestones in the lifecycle of the software suite for industrial-scale metal printers. The objective will be to develop cutting-edge software allowing efficient workflow from 3D CAD models to printed parts.
This exciting company offers an outstanding benefits, comp and stock equity package that is rivaled by few companies. Interested candidates can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional duties will include:
· Work with our client’s process control experts to continually develop and improve the additive manufacturing process.
· Implement optimized algorithms for generating machine control paths that meet the needs of an industrial additive manufacturing machine.
· Create software for collection and analysis of process data. The software created will be tailored for, and integrated with the actuation, sensing, and control systems of the printers.
· Responsible for generating and maintaining documentation of designed tools and projects.
· Implement specialized extensions for off-the-shelf software simulation packages for additive manufacturing. This may include integration of third-party software packages into proprietary machine software.
· Take ownership of creating, maintaining, and updating complex software in this role.
· Self-motivated with great sense of ownership, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals.
· 5+ years of experience in software development.
· Must have a competent background in C++ (C++11/14/17, STL), knowledge of Python is a plus.
· Must have excellent and extensive background in object-oriented programming and design.
· Must have high skill and experience with 3D and 2D computational geometry and linear algebra.
· MS (or BS with compensating experience) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field.
· Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in real-life applications.
· Team player with great communication skills.
· Experience working with a diverse multi-cultural multi-functional team.
· Eager to learn new skills and refine existing skills.
Two or more of the following desired
· Experience with developing one or more of: 3D CAD/CAM, additive manufacturing software.
· Familiar with the Windows development stack (Windows 10, Visual Studio).
· Experience with OpenGL, graphics programming, particularly in a Windows environment.
· Experience with version control software.
· Experience interfacing with databases and application automation techniques.