Our home healthcare client in the Merrimack Valley is seeking a Registered Nurse for a contract-to-hire role. This is a great opportunity for someone to work the day shift with a well-respected home healthcare service company. The Registered Nurse will plan, organize, and direct home care services. This position will directly report to the Clinical Supervisor. Moore’s candidates working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for a Tufts Health Insurance plan after just 30 days of employment!
· Conduct an initial assessment of patient and family to determine needs, and provide a complete assessment.
· Regularly re-evaluate patient/nursing needs.
· Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as needed.
· Utilize health assessment data to determine patient diagnosis.
· Develop care plans and goals based on diagnoses.
· Establish appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
· Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
· Counsel the patient and family on the basis of nursing needs.
· Identify discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
· Act as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assume responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
· Participate in on-call duties as needed.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor’s degree.
· 1-2 years of recent institutional acute care.
· Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
· 1 year of home health care experience preferred