Our north shore manufacturing client is partnering with us to help them hire a Quality Engineer. This role will take the lead in organizing, developing and facilitating the execution and analysis of product and process improvement.
This is a Full-time, Direct Hire role.
Excellent benefits package to include medical & dental insurance, 401k program, gym reimbursement, education reimbursement, profit sharing and much more.
- Develop and implement processes and training to drive continuous improvement programs for internal and external quality
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action – including but not limited to 8D, CAPA, FMEA, SPC or kaizen techniques.
- Responsible for measuring, tracking, analyzing and reporting trends and KPI’s related to quality.
- Utilize data analysis techniques to identify key KPI drivers and drive cost reductions through effective problem solving and sustainment of improvements
- Sustain, build, and optimize FMEAs and/or control plans for critical processes
- Creates and maintain Workmanship Standards
- Investigate and disposition nonconforming material (MRB) with follow up with impacted employees to eliminate re-occurrence
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing, Chemical or Mechanical
- Minimum two years of experience working in a certified quality management system in an industrial manufacturing setting (e.g. TS 16949, ISO). ISO or TS auditing experience a plus
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Solid understanding of quality engineering principles and quality assurance systems, ASQ certification(s) a plus.
Overnight travel based on customer need (less than 20%)
Microsoft Office required. Experience with other quality software applications beneficial. (e.g. statistical analysis)
Moore Staffing is a people focused firm that strives to go above and beyond what a job seeker would expect from a staffing service. Independently owned since 1980, we have succeeded in maintaining a small company feel with big firm career planning and placement expertise. Our areas of expertise include accounting, administrative, healthcare, human resources, manufacturing engineering, skilled manufacturing and supply chain. The candidate experience with Moore is built upon our core values of Expertise, Compassion, Sincerity and Community and reflects our commitment to their success.