Punch Press Operator
Our Newburyport manufacturing client has a temp to hire need for a Punch Press Operator for a full-time 8-10-hour day shift position. This is a growing and well-run shop that produces parts for aerospace, medical device and automotive industries. Candidate sets up and operates punch presses to make parts from various metals and inspects those parts against customer requirements and for cosmetic or functional defects.
Punch Press Responsibilities
- Set up stamping presses.
- Run and operate stamping presses
- Perform required inspections.
- Load and unload material.
- Keep records of material used in production and any partial coils put back into inventory.
- Record accurate production and maintenance records.
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to move raw material and barrels of parts.
- Correctly handle and document nonconforming product when it occurs.
- Comply with quality management system requirements.
- Perform correct press setups to prevent nonconforming parts and damage to tooling or equipment.
- Safe operation of machines.
- Forklift and overhead crane operation and safety
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Use of micrometers, calipers and other hand inspection tools
- Press operation and safety
- Basic math skills
CEC Specific Training Required
- Bruderer press setup and operation
- Part inspection methods and requirements
- Coil inventory system
- Material identification and inspection
- Control of non-conforming material
- Part identification and lot segregation
- Die condition documentation
Salary and benefits….Our client is offering a competetive salary for candidates with some production experience. Candidates hired perm are offered an outstanding employee benefits package.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com or click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards for three consecutive years is an independently owned staffing firm in business since 1980. We offer you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise.