Product Design Engineer
Our global large civil project engineering firm is seeking a Product Design Engineer to join their engineering team. Our client is experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking to build their team of talented engineers. The position will be responsible for the design and analysis of components and assemblies within existing and new systems. Interact with vendors during the product/component/system fabrication and assembly.
Product Design Engineer Responsibilities
- Identify component/product needs, and lead design and analysis efforts,
- Design and develop new products and produce mock-ups alongside the creative team,
- Be able to analyze the feasibility, cost, and return on investment for developed solutions
- Work with Computer Aid Design (CAD) packages to design product components and assemblies.
- Perform calculations at various stages of the design to verify component/system meets design criteria,
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) on select components or assemblies
- Assemble technical reports of the results and present data at internal design reviews,
- Process measured or test data, provide recommendations on required component/product functionality,
- Organize and document results, observations, relevant information from design, test or other events,
- Conduct and participate in design reviews and author technical reports,
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Be able to work within Solidworks Enterprise PDM (or equivalent).
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, physics or closely related scientific field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field or work.
- Must be organized, self‐starter and work efficiently and independently to produce results on time to meet project deadlines.
- Proficient in a math application software package (Mathcad / Matlab / etc).
- Proficient in a Computer Aided Design (CAD) package (Solidworks, AutoCAD or equivalent).
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Generous 401K, with employer match
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Flexible work environment
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards for three consecutive years is an independently owned staffing firm in business since 1980. We offer you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise.