Process & Design Engineer
Our Shenzhen, China based consumer goods manufacturing client is seeking a process engineer to join their manufacturing engineering team at their state of the art manufacturing facility. The company desires a US educated engineer who speaks both Cantonese or Mandarin and English and who is willing to return to China to work.
The hired candidate will be responsible for evaluating existing product design and manufacturing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process. Primary responsibilities include:
· Design new mechanical products
· Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems
· Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
· Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
· Perform shrinkage and strength testing.
· Collect, record, and transcribe data.
· Maintain testing equipment.
· Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
· Advise on corrective actions.
· Work with equipment designers and manufacturing leaders to develop a cost-effective production processes.
· A BS or MS in either mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering
· 1+ years experience in high volume consumer goods mechanical design and manufacturing process
· Familiar with principals of FMEA
· Proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD software such as Solidworks, Pro-E or AutoCad.
· Metal machining and plastic molding experience preferred