Our healthcare client is hiring experienced phlebotomists to work their 11:00pm to 7:00am shift. They are in need of candidates who can start immediately on a temp, potentially perm basis. The Phlebotomist performs venipuncture and other specimen collections, order entry, processing, and/or reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately identifies patients and patient samples per policy.
- Ensures accurate ordering of tests in Laboratory Information System, and clarifies confusing or incomplete orders.
- Reviews workload to maintain a reasonable wait time of less than 20 minutes for the completion of most laboratory services.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the collection of blood and other samples.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing EKG recordings.
- Performs waived laboratory testing, including capillary glucose and hemoglobin.
- Ensures specimen appropriateness and maintains specimen integrity through the specimen processing process.
- Accurately reports test results, including timely communication of stat and critical results, with appropriate documentation in the LIS call queue.
- Accurately distributes patient reports via faxing and/or prepares reports for mailing or courier delivery.
- Assists with inventory management by documenting received and open dates on supplies as required by policy, and promptly notifying supervisor of low inventory.
- Prepares biological samples, including centrifugation, storage, and packaging for transport to laboratory in accordance with safety policies.
- Demonstrates proficient use of the Laboratory Information System.
High School Diploma or GED required.
1+ years of Phlebotomy Experience required
Skills: Phlebotomy, laboratory, inventory, reporting
Moore Staffing employees are eligible for a 50% paid health insurance plan after 30 days.
Resumes to email@example.com
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards is an independently owned staffing firm offering you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise.