Part-time Registered Nurse, Hospice
Our Merrimack Valley client is looking for a part-time RN to provide compassionate and dignified care to patients with life-limiting illnesses. In this position you are a member of the hospice team, who provides professional and comprehensive palliative nursing services to individuals, families and groups in the community. The schedule is: 3p-11p
- Provides hospice nursing care to patients and families utilizing current principles of palliative care and symptom management to produce hospice outcomes.
- Collaborates effectively with other members of IDT.
- Utilizes nursing process and current standards of nursing practice in providing hospice care.
- Remains competent on technical nursing skills (i.e. IVs, Gtubes, etc.)
- Provides effective patient and family teaching.
- Understands family dynamics and works effectively within various types of family systems.
- Active Registered Nurse/RN license in MA and NH (or willingness to obtain a NH license).
- A minimum of 1 year of nursing experience.
- Interest in end-of-life care.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member.
- Strong assessment and prioritization skills.