Manager Contracting & Legal Counsel
Our client located north of Boston is hiring a Manager of Contracting and Legal Counsel. This full-time position will require a hybrid work model combining 2 days of on site and 3 days from home. The position reports to a Sr Director of Contracting.
· The hired candidate will be responsible for negotiating of group purchasing contracts for multiple healthcare organizations nationwide.
· Responsible for the management of contract renewals from negotiations through price activations ensuring savings for their provider members.
· The manager will be responsible for their own contract portfolio covering several contract categories to include category reviews, contract negotiations, vendor communications, strategy development and contract promotion.
· Monitoring the performance of all contracts.
· Utilize all contracting analytics in order to ensure proper strategy for each contract category.
· Oversee pharmacy contract negotiations ensuring savings for members.
· Directly supervise two Contract Administrators
· Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the organization
· Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents
· Be actively involved in preparing and drafting different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.
· Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or an industry‐related field, Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years of experience practicing law and 2‐3 years of experience reviewing and drafting business contracts, experience in healthcare law preferred
· Minimum 5 years of experience directly involved with the negotiation, purchase and/or utilization of healthcare products and services
· Extensive legal knowledge in contract and business law and healthcare/regulations including Stark Law
· Understand risk management and mitigation of liability
· Strong legal research and drafting skills
· Possess a thorough knowledge of NGPO and regional contracting process
· In‐depth knowledge of healthcare operations and supply chain management
· Strong negotiation skills required
· Strong clinical product knowledge a plus
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff at member facilities
Contract negotiations, contract law, healthcare law
Click- Apply Now -button below to fill out our Application or Send an email to carol@MooreStaffing.com
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards is an independently owned staffing firm offering you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise. With direct hire, temporary-to-hire and temporary placement opportunities, as well as offering a high-quality health insurance plan after just 30 days of employment with Moore, we provide candidates the options they need and the service they deserve.