Machine Shop Maintenance Lead
Our seacoast New Hampshire manufacturing client is hiring a Machine Shop Maintenance Lead to help them move their operations to a new location. After the move is completed, the hired candidate will be a facility leader of a plant that was renovated and upgraded with a $35 million investment. The company is offering an attractive salary and benefits package. This is a hands-on role requiring someone with hands on machine maintenance and overall plant operations expertise.
This is a direct hire position. Annual salary 90,000-110,000
Responsibilities for the Machine Shop Maintenance Lead
- Support the decommissioning and relocation of a variety of large and small scale equipment to the new facility.
- Organize and plan projects, staff daily duties, short-term/long-term, and prioritize scheduled move projects
- Operate as a working lead to help the maintenance team perform/complete maintenance activities including complex assignments.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing and providing oversight of a preventive maintenance program; facilitates the operation and testing of systems and equipment.
- Support Plant Manager in the development of strategies and plans to be aligned with operational needs, minimize risks, and maximize the useful life of the assets being maintained.
- Maintain records and coordinate service/repair via outside contractors on a variety of high precision machining equipment and other large-scale equipment.
- Participate in the opex and capital planning process and repair vs. replace decisions.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- 10+ years of hands-on maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of CNC, machine shop equipment – working experience in a similar environment highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of building systems, Hydraulic, Plumbing and Electrical
- Plant move and large-scale equipment move experience is ideal.