Our Merrimack Valley medical device client is seeking a Logistics Specialist for a 3-5 month contract position with the possibility of going permanent.
You will be responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring inbound equipment and materials shipments, managing the warehouse including controlling material movement throughout the entire product lifecycle, leading the coordination of inbound logistics activities from plants, tracking data and reporting metrics for ongoing projects, and inventory control system transactions, cycle counting and receiving support.
Create and manage Import/Export and Domestic Shipment Files including the following:
o Building load and selecting mode/carrier
o Tracking shipment,
o Issuing import instructions,
o issuing delivery instructions to brokers,
o issuing arrival notice to customers,
o updating transit reports as scheduled,
o updating database to reflect shipping schedule
o entering required information into ERP system
o assuring invoicing for shipments is done
- Manage finished goods inventory
- Prepare/update and issue product order fulfillment reports
- Proof shipping documents
- Prepare periodic reports for U.S. customs as required.
- Provide back-up for production planning at contract manufacturer as required
- Manage customer returns and non-conforming material transactions and update all databases as required
- Coordinate donation and sale efforts of low turn inventory.
- Provide input regarding potential efficiency improvement regarding Logistic Operations
- File and resolve freight claims through service providers and insurance company when applicable.
- Review and code related service provider invoices in a timely manner and record costs for future analysis.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- 3+ years experience in field of inventory control, purchasing or production planning/supervising
- Medical device or diagnostics experience strongly preferred
- Experience with MRP/ERP/WMS application software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in PC applications such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- May require lifting 2 to 10 lbs. Handling of heavier objects may be required on occasion
Please apply to Stephanie@moorestaffing.com