Helium Mass Spectrometer Test Technician
Our design and manufacturing client in Woburn, MA has an immediate need for a Helium Mass Spectrometer Test Technician. This is a first shift, direct hire opportunity.
Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm, Salary $60,000-$65,000
Eligible for Quarterly bonuses and Retirement contribution
·Maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results.
·Parts to be tested typically weigh between one and fifty pounds.
·During this process the operator will connect a vacuum coupling by hand (on a light day 15-25 times on a busy day 75-100 times).
·Responsible for performing final inspection on all products following VBC’s QMS procedures.
·Inspection will require manually connecting various couplings / clamps to vacuum pumps and helium mass spectrometer.
·Technician will also connect liquid nitrogen for the cold shock portion of the final test.
·The final assemblies can be cumbersome to handle due to size and weight.
Helium Mass Spectrometer Test Technician responsibilities
- Approves incoming materials by performing helium mass spectrometer testing to company specifications, rejecting unacceptable materials and forwarding results to Quality Control Engineer.
- Approves in-process materials by performing helium mass spectrometer testing and cryogenic testing to VBC’s QMS procedures, rejecting unacceptable materials and forwarding results to both the welder/fabricator, confirm rework, rejected items will require notification to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Inputting test results to the database
- Assist with the evacuation process for sealed vacuum products, including preparing evacuation ovens for processing.
- Apply various cryogenic insulations to product piping products to engineered specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance on various plant vacuum pumps.
Ability to operate a helium mass spectrometer
Ability to read engineered drawings and follow proper instructions for assembling and test per written procedures
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
Moore Staffing, winner of ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards for three consecutive years is an independently owned staffing firm in business since 1980. We offer you the personalized service of a small company while leveraging big-firm career planning and placement expertise.