Electrical Apprentice, 2nd shift
- Layout and construct various electrical and electromechanical assemblies without supervision according to schematic diagrams, specifications, and applicable regulatory codes.
- Evaluate electrical schematic and assembly drawings, BOM’s, and other specifications and plan the successive steps of fabricating and assembling components.
- Plan the layout of electrical control cabinets, placement of sensors, actuators, and other components, and routing of conduit and cable.
- Understands electrical theory and practice as applied to the operation of such components as production units, sub-assemblies, electrical motors, and other electrical/pneumatic and mechanical components.
- Size wiring, contacts, circuit protection, conduit, junctions, and other components according to NEC code requirements and design specifications.
- Applies trade knowledge and experience to recognize errors or potential problems with schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists or instructions. Identifies incorrect components or shortages, performs trouble-shooting as necessary and resolves the problem.
- Perform quality assurance inspections and reporting of results
·Maintain ISO-9001 standards
· Perform all duties in a safe manner; support all safety and environmental rules and environmental initiatives.
· Participate in Lean initiatives to provide ongoing continuous improvement ideas for products, process, and procedures
· Work in other areas of the plant as may be required
· Skilled and experienced with operating hand, power and pneumatic operated tools common to the trade.
· Skilled and experienced with reading circuit diagrams and schematics, ladder logic diagrams and layout drawings
· Experienced to read and interpret written instructions, bill of materials, production schedules and blueprints
· Ability to learn how to properly handle overhead cranes and forklift
· Ability to troubleshoot circuits and devices and recommend changes or improvements
· Working knowledge of ERP systems; Glovia, and the rework database
· Familiarity with current NEC code requirements and interpretation.
· Understands electrical theory and practice as applied to the operation of such components as electric motors, motor starters, contactors, control relays, time delay relays, circuit breakers, fusing, PLC’s, fluid flow and temperature sensors, and other related electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components.
Moore Staffing is a people focused firm that strives to go above and beyond what a job seeker would expect from a staffing service. Independently owned since 1980, we have succeeded in maintaining a small company feel with big firm career planning and placement expertise. Our areas of expertise include accounting, administrative, healthcare, human resources, manufacturing engineering, skilled manufacturing and supply chain. The candidate experience with Moore is built upon our core values of Expertise, Compassion, Sincerity and Community and reflects our commitment to their success.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org