Our Devens Product Reseller is hiring a 2nd shift Distribution Manager to join their growing operation. The role will be responsible for labor scheduling, proper utilization of space and equipment, and supervising the receiving, put away, storage, picking, packing or shipping of product. Specific duties include:
· Plan and supervise the daily activities of the inbound receiving and put away functions, and/or outbound picking, packing and shipping functions, for designated clients.
· Understand customer expectations and effectively communicate these expectations to the team.
· Help to ensure employee hours, attendance, productivity and quality are being properly documented.
· Assist in establishing work schedules; ensure the schedules are properly implemented and that all jobs are completed properly.
· Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in leading, supervising, coaching and disciplining associates. Provide input into performance evaluations for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations.
· Become a subject matter expert and be able to effectively train.
· Assist in establishing standard work procedures; ensure procedures are properly and consistently implemented.
· Ensure Quality Assurance procedures for outbound shipments are being followed. Review reports and address significant quality issues with associates.
· Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment.
· A 4-year degree in related subject is preferred.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in a high volume distribution, fulfillment or wholesale environment.
· Prior experience in a supervisory position is required.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.