Director of Technology
Our capital device client is seeking a Director of Technology to join their team reporting to the CTO. This position is an on-site role at their 495 west of Boston location.
The Director of Technology is responsible for continued development of core technical capabilities of our client’s capital device security products, and application of those capabilities and new technology to create new security product. In particular, the position is responsible for continued improvement of automated detection capabilities, and control and improvement of system image quality.
Responsibilities of The Director of Technology
- Driving the company’s technological development
- Leading development of detection algorithm improvements to meet evolving regulations and new customer applications.
- Interacting with various government regulators to coordinate testing and approval of systems to existing and future standards and to shape the direction of future performance standards
- Leading development of tools to assure that fielded systems continue to support the required image quality
- Leading efforts to improve image quality and signal quality of company products
- Identifying areas where technological approaches can be used to solve problems in other areas of the company (Field Service, Production, Engineering, etc.).
- Mentoring team members
- Collaborating on development of new products based on new technologies or applications of technology
- Collaborating with other executive level offices on setting company strategy
- PHD in Image Processing preferred
- Strong team building and overall leadership ability
- 10 years experience engineering complex systems
- 5+ years of experience in image processing, computer vision, machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with software development under a Linux environment
- Experience with writing technical proposals, especially for government agencies
- Experience in working with US and Foreign government officials
- The hired candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to acquire a secret clearance.