Director of Real Estate
Our expanding global life sciences client has created a new position for a Director of Real Estate with a strong construction project background. Reporting to a VP of Program Management, the hired candidate will have responsibility for delivery, planning, preparation and execution of the company’s physical real estate priorities including ensuring timely management of lease extensions, site expansions, site closures and site relocations as well as direct program and project management of key infrastructure projects.
· Regular and pro-active review of company’s schedule of real estate in order to plan and execute lease renewals, site exits and relocations.
· Active and continuous participation in assessment of lease terms and conditions to ensure they are commensurate with local market conditions.
· Coordination of any required landlord permissions for tenant alterations and management of dilapidations on property handback.
· Establish clear responsibilities with the respective business unit for day to property management matters with on-site matters managed locally.
· Work with the business on key physical infrastructure developments.
· Coordinate a structured and analytical approach to information gathering for business case creation and approval.
· Lead project and program management of key projects during the execution phase.
· Provide regular reports on the status of projects including progress to timetable, risks and issues and cost expenditure.
· Carry out post investment appraisals for lessons learned.
· Coordinate in territory work on the environmental impact of LGC’s physical real estate and provide reporting as required at a Group level.
· Incorporate environmental sustainability factors in to decision making when considering leases, site exits and key projects.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in Real Estate Management or Property role in a relevant market sector with demonstrable experience and skills.
· The ideal candidate will have experience building life sciences facilities or labs and have a solid understanding of relative HVAC requirements.
· Experience in management, execution and negotiation of leases, as well as management of building contractors.
· Proven planning and project management experience.
· Can manage multiple projects simultaneously setting priorities and deadlines.
· Working with multiple internal stakeholders and other external property professionals.
· The ideal candidate will reside in the easter half of the United States and be able to travel domestically as needed.