Our heavy construction client is seeking an Estimator to join their team. They are a highly respected organization known for their excellent employee relations and quality of their work in the industry. Their job sites are primarily in the greater Boston area.
The construction estimator will be responsible for estimating projects in a timely manner with full specifications and details, following submittals and RFI's. Our client seeks an estimating professional that is self-motivated, extremely well organized and accurate; excels in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment, and is capable of working in a team environment. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
· Read architectural and ID drawings and understand specifications.
· Provide correct take offs.
· Estimate materials and labor, and budget for projects.
· Commit to deadlines and deliver accurate estimates in a timely fashion.
· Manage and respond to RFIs and submittals during the job acquisition cycle.
· Attend on site pre-bid proposals and job meetings as needed.
· Minimum of 2 years heavy or commercial construction estimating experience
· Proficiency in takeoff software
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills