Our global manufacturing client located south of Boston is seeking a Commodity Manager to lead a small team of buyers and provide support to multiple US based manufacturing plants. This is an ideal job for an emerging leader or a more seasoned procurement leader. Our client is offering in the 80-90k and a nice benefits package for the hired candidate. Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Lead the team of buyers to maintain continual flow of raw materials, MRO and capital expense items
· Administer and maintain accurate data in ERP system
· Negotiate and execute formal supplier agreements and contracts and leads the cultivation of supplier partnerships
· Supports cost indexing, PPV justification and provides intelligence with market analysis reports on key items.
· Manages supplier actions, negotiates pricing to meet or beat current standard costs and supports all business review meetings with agenda, actions and follow up.
· Facilitates new supplier qualifications, administers supplier survey, questionnaires and recommends suppliers to be approved or removed from the AVL.
· Adheres to the Price Change Process to allow ample time to re-negotiate changes (increases/decreases)
· Maintains DMD’s and spreadsheet for assigned items
· Analyzes and maintains item master and branch plant intelligence in JDE and other key data fields in ERP to support accurate systems data w min / max level, safety stock tactics and supplier payment terms, freight terms, supplier notes or intelligence that supports the potential use for material plans, MRP integration and S+OP planning requirements
· Supports or leads weekly meetings with operations plants to discuss SCM and Operations Planning agenda, dispositions DMD’s. Supports SCM planning tactics to remove any risk to stock outs and supports all actions to achieve on time shipments to our customers
· BS degree
· 5+ years experience purchasing and planning in a high volume manufacturing environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Expertise with Oracle/JD Edwards or similar ERP system.
· SIX Sigma, Project management and APICS certification are desired