Billing Compliance Auditor
1. Performing audits of clinical documentation, physician billing and payment records and applicable industry standard billing codes
2. Analyze medical records, coding records and health system bills validating clinical documentation in conjunction with the bill; assessing the level and accuracy of coding, determining that governmental and third party payer regulations are being complied with; and evaluating appropriateness of billing and coding procedures.
3. Evaluating accuracy of coding and billing performance by individuals and clinical units.
4. Preparing reports and providing individual and/or group education to physicians and others based on results of audit.
5. Assisting in response to billing audit requests from outside the institution (e.g., government audits, payer audits).
- BS in Health Information Management or Nursing preferred
- 3+ years experience of billing audit in healthcare
- Experience auditing E/M and professional services including procedures
- Professional Billing Coding certification - CPC, CCS-P
Moore is a people focused firm that strives to go above and beyond what a job seeker would expect from a staffing service. Independently owned since 1980, we have succeeded in maintaining a small company feel with big firm career planning and placement expertise. Our areas of expertise include accounting, administrative, healthcare, human resources, manufacturing engineering, skilled manufacturing and supply chain. The candidate experience with Moore is built upon our core values of Expertise, Compassion, Sincerity and Community and reflects our commitment to their success.