Additive Manufacturing Specialist
Our start up client is building industrial scale metal additive manufacturing machines. They are offering top pay for the right candidate as well as an amazing benefits package and stock options. They are seeking a hands on engineer to set up AM print jobs, verify machine settings against production specifications, oversee print process and quality as the machine operates, creating post build reports and deliver timelines.
· The hired candidate will also perform preventive routine maintenance on the machines, including calibration of laser, measurement and sensing systems, cleaning build volumes and optical components. troubleshoot manufacturing hardware, provide training to new manufacturing staff and advise the engineering and management team on technical improvements and advancements.
· Safely handling the metal powder before and after the build, this includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage.
· Manage the life cycle of the metal powder material, maintaining part-powder traceability, as well as coordinating powder suppliers and powder recycling services.
· Evaluate and inspect manufactured parts using precision measurement equipment and prepare specimen for quality control.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for safe and effective usage of all equipment.
· Operate, on an as-needed basis, equipment in the in-house machine shop, including manual and CNC machines and serve as a point of contact to outside machining services.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline including but not limited to mechanical, industrial, manufacturing, materials and electrical engineering
· Experience in operating and working with high-tech production machinery, i.e. CNC machines, additive manufacturing, robotic welding, CMM or similar
· Hands-on experience and demonstrated skills in root cause analysis, trouble shooting and solution assessment for complex tasks
· Experience with one or more AM-related technologies: laser welding, directed energy deposition (DED), powder bed fusion (PBF) is a plus
· Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus
· Experience with metal powders is a plus
· Experience with industrial manufacturing is a plus